Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, December 14, 2007

My Dream House


I've been up since 6 am, and since then, I've been working and perfecting my dream house. It's been my dream since I was a child to live in my dream house. And there are a few criteria that I always follow in drawing up sketches...

(House Plan from above. Entrance to the RIGHT.)

1) It shall be a single story house...provided that the land is big enough. I'm just too tired with multilevel house. I had one since I was a child, and a big house at that (7 bedrooms, for 7 kids), it's very tiring. For those who dream of big house, well, good luck to ya, coz it's not just about affording the house, but also affording the time and effort to maintain the house. Even worse, I just don't understand a house that's more than 2 story high...maybe it's the view they are after.
2) The back yard shall be BIG! So I can have all my family activities there, with enough privacy. Love barbecue, or just simple family gathering.
3) The front yard is enough to occupy a porch for my car, a patio with few steps, and a small greenery. No bushes! Less maintaining issues.
4) I shall have coconut trees (or at least one). I miss having to pick coconut fresh from the trees and drink its juices like I used to in my previous house.
5) My kitchen shall be big enough, for it is where the heart of the home is (even though I'm not a good cook)...hehehe.
6) At least 4 bedrooms - 1 Master bedroom, 1 for my boy(s), 1 for my girl(s), and another for guestroom/study
7) Still have space for another extension for a bedroom. I like a big family :)

(View into my living room, facing the front door. I'd like to have extra seating by the window)

So I've been using my hubby's Microsoft Visio, but he needs his laptop at work. So I drew roughly on my graph paper. Some of the idea are integrated with K. Ida's & Nuar's plan (my brother & sis-in-law), bless them for being so great! Then I open up my SIMS 2, which I left without playing for more than 5 months now. I used to be a SIMS addict.

Here's some pics I'd like to share...hehehe (smiling gleefully). Hope this dream will come true soon!(View into my dining room, through a short 'hallway' where I can put my displays. And off course, my hubby's aquarium in the dining room. The door separates family area and the dining area, for privacy if its needed. It is easily open up like a sliding door for space. The living room and dining area is the same level, because in case I need to do kenduri - and my mother always reminds me - there'll be a lot of spaces without interruption)


(My herb garden, with a small deck/patio for breakfast or tea. If you look closely, it's just outside facing the dining are. To the left is a small door connecting to my dry kitchen. This is an extra area in case the dining area is not enough. I can open the sliding door into the open air. If you can remember from the previous picture, there's a big sliding door that separates the dining area and the family room. So the small door connecting the kitchen from outside would help tremendously in terms of 'privacy')

So far, that's the major stuff. Other's are just a matter of interior design. My kitchen has dry and wet area. Malaysian cook must have this, because it's humid weather + oily food will just destroy the furniture as well as (expensive) plates & saucers (that's what my mother told me).

Some may say I'm wasting my time by redoing this again and again. But if I don't, it'll stuck in my mind, and I can't concentrate on other things. It's better for me to put it down, and now I can see it visually. It's great for focusing on what I want in my life. Even if you don't believe me, I'll just convince myself...hehe.

Sigh...two more years to go and save up money! Now, let me plan how to get there :)

4 comments:

savante said...

Ooh! Dream house!!

Anonymous said...

hai..

cun gak design u..
leh laa design i punyer home nanti
nice blog..

http://younique-time.blogspot.com

tarina said...

macam game sims je tengok

ici said...

haha, game sims la tu, apa lagi! Ici suka draw plan atas graph paper, but then my hubby susah nak paham. nak guna program 3D malas pulak nak blajar.

Ni tengah improve myself on reading ECG