Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Timun kontot & Bendi tajam

Are those little budding cucumbers I see? I think so!!! I actually started them from seen on 1st February. 6 weeks, and I see them already...wooo hooo! The grand day will come when I can pick them. I can't resist from taking a picture. It's actually raining outside. I just got to put this in my blog.


This is a short cucumber, hybrid type I bought from Green World. Do you think I can get them to full size in 2 weeks? Hmmm, I wonder what will be my first dish from my very own cucumber.

I also picked 5 bendi/okra today. One already being used. And one which is quite crooked, but still edible I think.

I'm having so much fun playing in my own garden. I'm browsing through the internet about kitchen garden and edible garden. I already stumbled to a Malaysian w
ebsite a month ago, and trying to trace it. Now that I've found it, I'm adding it to my blogroll. It's about ASDAF's kitchen garden (Asrama Darul Falah), doing their own, very successful, kitchen garden. I'm so proud of them!

Sometimes I just don't have time to tend the garden. I also miss morning watering also because I have to rush to work. Once I'm back at home, it's already almost 6 pm, and playing with Arishah is my priority. I do bring her outside, and she sometimes do her famous car cat chase. Here's a preview:
Arishah buat muka hampa...

But she's not old enough as yet. Sometimes I still caught her putting things inside her mouth. Argh!!! But she does try to help. Like watering the plants...or the grass...or her own pants...

By the time she's two, I'm going to make sure to get her hands dirty in the sand and soil :) She can have her own flower beds if she wants. Or her very own cangkul! I used to have one when I was two, and I followed Arwah Abah (my late father) to work on the yard...more like disturbing him. I don't remember much, but as temperamental as Abah was, he doesn't mind me following him though :) Or maybe because I'm just his favourite wahahaha...

Talking about beds...I thought of making a raised bed at the top of the back yard. The space is very limited. The soil at the back is not really a soil, but rocky-hard-mixed-with-cement soil. Tilling is pointless. The only thing that's lusciously growing is the banana tree, serai, and my bendi/okra. Maybe I'll bring this up to Baba Rusydan if I'm really out of space :)

Until next time...

1 comment:

Muhammad said...

nice kitchen garden you have there! insyaAllah we'll be producing our manual book on the kitchen garden project at ASDAF. We hope people can use it as a guide not only for the orphanage, but also our own backyard:)

-Muhammad-
Yayasan Kemanusiaan Muslim Aid Malaysia