Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 16, 2008

1 cm and a show

I had a show yesterday, early in the morning before going off to work. Yeah, a show...not the entertainment kind, but the bleeding kind as a sign of early labour. SMS my colleague, telling her I'm showing signs of labour, so taking the day off today. I'm waiting for the contractions coming

and waiting...
and waiting...
and waiting...

I only got irregular contraction. Show still there, with increasing amount. No leaking liquor (air ketuban tak meleleh lagi). By 2 pm, sms hubby (since he's so nervous and excited at the same time) that maybe I should just go check at the hospital what's going on.

My baby moves alright, still actively kicking around from time to time. Just afraid I'm mistaken the show is actually an infection. Besides, why still no contraction? It's been 8 hours already.

Arrived at Hosp. Serdang before 4 pm. It's a good thing we went there, got a first look at the registration area and how things work initially. Registered. Went in and pee. CTG put on me. Baby's heart rate constantly around 140s. Felt a mild contraction coming, and gone. Peaked at the CTG and saw the a mild peak. Doc came, checked. No signs of infection. Os 1 cm, cervix still 2 cm but soft.Tick tock tick tock. Might as well go home and wait for the regular contraction.

Went home, told my in-laws and family members. My in-laws couldn't sleep last night waiting. Me and hubby slept soundly after watching 4 episodes of Dr. House, the Evil Knievel.

This morning, woke up at 6.45 am. Hungry...so searching for food. Mama making curry dhal along with frying up chapatti. So in the mean time, updating my blog.

Baby...bila nak keluar ni? Tonight, my niece's birthday party at Nuar's house in Puchong. They are doing barbeque tonight after 6 pm. I guess this baby sure likes food, because she seems to want to taste some barbeque sauce before popping out. After coming out in the world, she would only taste mother's milk for the first 4 months. Pandai baby Mama ni. Notty pun ye jugak. Mak Long kata nak babap skit bila dah keluar nanti.

In the mean time, Mama is reminding me to keep on zikir. She wanted to induced me last night with her doa, but I said no. I know it'll work. But it won't be much different from medically inducing me, right? Don't want an 'early labour' that might go into a 'prolonged labour'.

Air selusuh is ready on the go, I'm just waiting for cervix opening 5 cm or above. Epidural? Well, a weakling like me, I might consider it at 5 cm also, hehe. My overnight bag is ready. I hope I don't have anything big that's missing...and get to taste that barbeque tonight!

No comments: