Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

MRCP

MRCP - Medical Royal College of Physician, an entree program for specialization.

Is it a sign???

A friend of mine was studying for his MRCP, and currently questioning whether to take the January or May exam in UMMC. Then, the next day, this prof asked me why I haven't start preparing anything for MRCP. Hello! I've only started working, 2 1/2 months to be exact. I need to wait 18 months before applying.

But it does make me realize, I should keep this in mind. Being a slow person, I should get ready by now. But being a procrastinator, starting too early is not very reliable thing for me. Hehe

I still need to collect information abt the standard and policy for MRCP in malaysia. Whether we have to go through specialization here, or go straight to subspecialization. Today I found out that our salary will be upgraded to U48 once we get MRCP, and univeristies do look at it as a priority in choosing its applicants.

Heck! I still need to figure out which field I'd like to jump into. So, I think it's better if I go to several posting before deciding. I hope I can go to Medicine posting next, and then Paediatrics afterwards. I am considering Haematology and Nephrology. I've thought about being a paediatrics, I really like kids and babies, but then, I'm not sure how I can handle mothers...hehehe. Besides, sometimes I don't have the heart to see ill babies. Family medicine, I'm just afraid I might get bored as a general practitioner even if it gives me more time with family (or so they say because no on call). Why nephrology? Because I've always been fascinated by the kidneys. How great God has made it to function, as small as it is, as every other part of human body. Why Haematology? Well, influenced by my late father's illness really, but that's about it.
------
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Ahmad Salman
DATE: 01/24/2007 06:26:21 AM

yeah.. we procastinators should get into the mood first kan ici... hehe. anyway. kawan maman pernah ckp nk tukar profession sbb tension dgn archi. die nk jd dokter, specializing in breasts. bengong tak? he doesn't know that all the breasts he sees are crooked ones. if the patients come with complete two of them. haha. or the one that grows hair on them. AHAHAHHA!!! or or...or. ow darn im crying here! bye.
-----
COMMENT:
AUTHOR: Ici
DATE: 01/25/2007 02:45:15 AM

sheesh! hehehehe
-----